Make It Personal. Volunteer. Click here to apply to volunteer!
- Opportunity for interfaith, hands-on ministry.
- Get your whole family involved; great way to engage children fun, age-appropriate activities.
- Wide-range of volunteer activities to fit schedule and desired level of commitment.
- Give the gift of hope for a brighter future.
How can you get your congregation, group, or office involved?
- Day Center Volunteer: Cleaning, organization and administrative help is always needed.
- Host Congregations: Provide hospitality to guest families directly in your house of worship. These volunteers provide meals, overnight hospitality, and a friendly face. Congregations often provide financial support to help the organization help the families as well.
- Support Congregations: Provide in-kind resources or financial support in partnership with a host congregation.
- House Warming: Donate furniture, household supplies and help transport for families moving into their new homes.
- Furniture is donated to Catholic Charities through a partnership. Call: (302) 764-2717 for further info/ schedule a pickup.
- Small household items are still dropped off to the FP Day Center. Call us at (302) 998-2222 to arrange.
- Mentor a Family: Touch on topics such as parenting, budgeting, nutrition and computer skills.
- Special Events/ Board Teams: Assist with ensuring we can help end homelessness for years to come! Teams include: Public Relations, Finance, Personnel and Planning/Evaluation.
Donating Needed Items or Services
Bathroom Supplies – toilet paper, paper towels, liquid hand soap.
Cleaning Supplies – Scrubbing Bubbles, Comet, Windex, toilet cleaner, Clorox Toilet Wand refills, mops, brooms, dustpan/brush, sponges.
Baby Supplies – diapers (size 3 and up), boys pull- ups (size 4-5t), wipes.
Laundry Supplies – detergent, dryer sheet, fabric softener, bleach
Gift Cards – such as Walmart, Target and Wawa for gas transportation to jobs.
Special toiletries – Feminine hygiene products, hair relaxers or any other hair products.
- Every dollar yields $2.50 of program impact because leverage in-kind services and donations.
- Your contribution directly impacts a family. We utilize financial contributions to cover what cannot be donated: supplies for their new home, bus passes and gas cards to get to work, and the day center resources.
- We collaborate with other agencies, maximizing your donation.
- 1,500+ volunteers are active contributors to Family Promise NNCC. They provide all meals, drive the van, mentor families, staff the congregation during the evening, complementing professional staff and operations.
- Our United Way Write-In Code is 12433