When families lose their homes, they shouldn’t lose each other. By supporting Family Promise® of Northern New Castle County, you will help keep families together during the hardest time of their lives — then ensure they quickly find housing and the resources for lasting independence. Family Promise® of Northern New Castle County is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit, and donations are tax-deductible. Click here to see our latest annual report.
A mom and a dad who both lost their jobs, couldn’t pay for their apartment, and faced being split up from their two kids at other shelters. A single dad whose severe illness put him out of work and forced him to live in a motel with his daughter. A single mom who had to choose between paying for a hotel to house her three children and paying for food to feed them.
By investing in Family Promise®, you will invest in the promise of these families and more. Last year, we prevented and ended homelessness for 136 families — over 500 children and their parents. This year, we’re creating twice the promise by expanding to serve twice as many through our programs that are the most successful and cost-effective in Delaware.
If you have any questions, contact Ryan Catalani, Family Promise® Director of Donor Relations, at email@example.com or by calling (302) 998-2222 ext. 105.
Donate or make a recurring donation
- Your financial investment goes directly to helping families overcome homelessness together!
- Give once or set up a recurring donation, which provides steady support and can be monthly, quarterly, or yearly.
- You can designate your gift in honor or in memory of friends and loved ones. If requested, we will send a note of appreciation to the designee.
- Online: Quickly and securely donate at: donate.familypromisede.org.
- By mail: Donate via cash or check (made out to “Family Promise of NNCC”), mailed to: 2104 St. James Church Road, Wilmington, DE 19808.
- To donate in memory or honor of someone, download this form (PDF, fillable).
- By phone: Call us to donate via credit card or ask questions about donating: (302) 998-2222 ext. 105.
Give through your workplace
- You could double your donation! Many employers match charitable contributions and/or volunteer time by their employees, retirees, and/or employees’ spouses.
- Check with your employer to see if there is a matching gift program. If so, fill out the form and designate Family Promise.
- For employees of the State of Delaware: You can participate in the State Employee Charitable Campaign. On your pledge form, designate your gift to Family Promise of Northern New Castle County (#71044). Learn more at secc.delaware.gov.
- Workplace giving through the United Way: On your pledge form, designate your gift to Family Promise of Northern New Castle County (#12433).
Join the Founder’s Circle
- Major gifts allow us to provide housing stability for dozens or even hundreds of families.
- Eligible donors can join our Founder’s Circle and receive special recognition.
- Individuals, couples, or families who give a single or recurring donation totaling $5,000 or more, over 5 years, are eligible to join our Founder’s Circle.
- Your donation will receive special recognition. You can make your donation anonymous if you choose.
Create a legacy of promise
- Planned gifts help to ensure that we are able to continue serving families for years to come in the future.
- Make a bequest in your will: The favored method for planned giving — and the simplest and most flexible — is a charitable gift from your estate.
- Make Family Promise® a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, retirement plan, or bank/securities account.
- Create a charitable annuity or trust to support Family Promise® while generating income for yourself and your family.
- We are happy to discuss options that enable you to achieve your goals and benefit Family Promise®.
Host a fundraiser
- You support Family Promise® and you want to encourage your friends, family, and others to do the same!
- You may want to celebrate a special occasion by giving back to the community, raise funds to honor a loved one, or simply invite others to celebrate in the hope and promise of the families we serve.
- Online: You can easily set up a fundraiser for Family Promise® on Facebook by going to facebook.com/fundraisers and searching for “Family Promise of Northern New Castle County.” We will directly receive any funds raised, and there are no fees. Contact us for other options.
- In person: If you would like to host a fundraiser, silent auction, or supply drive for Family Promise®, we would love to hear about it! To use our logo or branding, please contact us.
- You can donate your shares of a publicly-traded stock to Family Promise®! Donating stocks can be a tax-advantaged way of supporting our mission.
- Click here to read more about donating stocks to Family Promise® NNCC.
Donate a vehicle, real estate, or something else
- Donating your personal property is a great way to support Family Promise® while meeting your financial goals.
- Vehicles: We can accept many kinds of vehicles, which may we may either sell or give to a family in need, depending on the vehicle’s condition and our current guests.
- Real estate: Whether you would like to transfer your property to us outright, designate your real estate through your estate, give us a portion of your holding, or continue to live in your property, we are happy to work with you to set up a transaction that meets your needs.
- Artwork, collections, and other personal property: Please contact us to make sure we can accept the gift you have in mind, and to discuss your wishes regarding the property.